OATAG 2018 Conference
Addressing Excellence GAPS: Promoting Equity and Excellence in the 21st Century
The 2022 OATAG Conference was held October 28, 2022 at Clackamas Community College in Oregon City, Oregon. The Keynote Speaker was Jonathan Plucker, PhD, President elect of National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC). Dr. Plucker is a prominent education policy and talent development scholar, and the inaugural Julian C. Stanley Professor of Talent Development at Johns Hopkins University. He holds a joint appointment at the Center for Talented Youth (CTY) and School of Education.
Below are links to the
- Conference Program, which includes a brief description of all presentations and the presenter biography
- Presentations that have been provided to us to share marked with a *.
Breakout session 1
- *Dr. Jonathan Plucker - Creativity Through the Magic of Constraints
- Jim Libby - Where Are We Ever Going To Use This?
- Aurora Remember Holzman - Intensity and School Stress
- Freda Bax - Giftedness and Developmental Asynchrony
Breakout session 2
- *Dr. Jonathan Plucker - What's Your School's Talent Development Plan?
- *Diana M. Fisher - Teaching Students to Build Models of Dynamic Feedback Systems
- *Erin Rodriquez - Middle School TAG Student Book Club
- *Beth LaDuca - Trends in the Performance of Advanced Students on the National Assessment of Education Progress (NAEP)
breakout session 3
- Kimberly Herder - Hands-on Real-World Problem-Solving Opportunities for the Gifted, Talented, and Exceptional
- Jennifer Wyld - STEM-ulating Activities on Human Ecology
- Aurora Remember Holtzman - Embracing Intensity
- *Judy Smith - Finding the Uniqueness Inside the Gifted Label